Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center
The Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center is certainly worth a visit. The Lobby display “Shanghai’s Morning”, is a display of landmark buildings from various times representing the historical and cultural progress in the urban development of Shanghai over the last 100 years. The beautiful wall mural also reflects this progress. Prominent in both displays is the Jin Mao Skywalk Tower and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the two tallest buildings in Shanghai at that time.
The Master Plan
We visited the third floor – the First Hall of the Master Plan centered on the core district of Shanghai proper, the integrated technology of sound, light and electricity makes it a brilliant display to gaze upon. Viewing galleries surround the display allowing visitors to survey the Master Plan from vantage points.
The Master Plan reflects the urban landscape of Shanghai, including all building expected to be built within the inner ring route up until 2020. A spectacular scale model of the city, so detailed; at the time of our visit the biggest scale model of urban planning in the world.
Below: Scale model of Shanghai,including buildings expected to be built by 2020 at the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center. Photo courtesy of Daniel Case.
Exhibitions and Virtual Reality
On the same floor near the Master Plan display is a special video theater or “Circarama” that takes you on a 360 degree virtual reality tour of the city viewing landmarks and future projections of Shanghai city.
Unfortunately this was all we had time to see, but I imagine one could spend at least half a day here. A Mezzanine Floor – has various multimedia demonstrations,touch screens,movies,interactive games, all about the historical and cultural changes of Shanghai over the last century.
The Fourth Floor – Second Hall of the Master Plan covers all the special planning for the future development of Shanghai such as, deep water port,development of the Huangpu river, and urban transport system to name a few. A Fifth Floor has a number of special Exhibitions, including the Loop Exhibition Hall, and panoramic views of the People’s Square.
Visit: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center
Address: 100 People’s Avenue, Shanghai
Admission: 30RMB/adults, 15RMB/Students
- ancient town fang sheng bridge zhujaijiao shanghai
- Yu Yuan Garden and bazaar yu bazaar shanghai old town
- Port of shanghai-Jin Mao Skywalk
- Yangshuo impressions sanjie liu open landscape theatre
- Yangshuo countryside and fisherman li river yangshuo
- Boat trip limestone peaks li river guilin to yangshuo China
- Dragons backbone terraced rice fields Pingan village Longsheng
- Journey to Longsheng Rice Terrace
- Attractions Guilin fountains-and-silver moon pagoda guilin china
- Reed flute cave and grotto Guilin China
- Top Five Attractions in Beijing
- Visit the Jade Belt Bridge
- The Marble Boat
- the long corridor at the summer palace
- the fascinating summer palace in beijing china
- The Forbidden City China
- The temple of Heaven Park
- Lama Temple
- Great Wall of China
- Top ten places to visit China
- Xian City Wall
- Discover Xian|Big Wild Goose Pagoda Xian China
- Terracotta Army Emperor Qin
- Emperor qins terracotta army challenges and discoveries