Travelite at all times!
Clothing suggestions when thinking of world travel or Asia travel. Rule number one – travelite don’t over pack.
- Take into consideration the climate you are going to and carefully think about what type of clothing you will need.
- Bring clothing you can layer. If the weather is unexpectedly cold or hot you can add or subtract items.
- In really cold climates quality thermals are a must.
- Bring clothing to mix and match. Dark colors tend to be more serviceable for traveling. It is nice to have one smart outfit or a nice top for dining at night. A simple black top can always be brightened up with a scarf or necklace.
- Clothing that is light, washes out easily and doesn’t crush is ideal. You can hand wash small items nightly.
- A light wind cheater type jacket that can be folded up into your backpack or day bag is handy for unexpected chilly or wet weather.
- Pack a fold up umbrella, and sun hat. Fold-up fabric or straw hats are easily packed in your luggage or day pack.
World travel and travel through Asia
During travel through Asia on small group tours, I have always found laundry services to be very good and relatively cheap. World travel so far has taken me to China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Cambodia and Europe.
If heavier items like your jeans, slacks or even just T-shirts etc., need a wash don’t hesitate to send it through for laundry service at your hotel. Send it all through if you find it easier when traveling (after all you are on a holiday). It is usually very inexpensive. I have done this at times, my clothes have always come back; fresh and clean. Remember it also helps the local economy and the people to make a living in these countries.
Below is Magellan’s catalog which has a wide range of travel clothes and goods, based on a travelite plan, clothing items easy to wash and wear. Magellan’s are experts in their field. It costs nothing to look and provides a lot of good ideas to make your world travel or travel through Asia easy and enjoyable.