Cheap Rub on Transfers
Has anyone else been caught out with cheap rub on transfers? Sometimes I pick up decorative items from the big chain stores. I have found some of the rub on transfers do not have a waxed sheet between the transfer sheet and the backing sheet, and as a result, if they are not used straight away you may find that the transfer has already transferred on to the backing sheet, so the transfers are useless. I have just had this experience which I found frustrating as all four sets I had purchased were useless, however in all fairness I have had them for a while.
Points to remember if you buy rub-on transfers for scrapping
- don’t buy them unless you are ready to use them.
- Check them immediately when you get them home to see if they have a protective waxed sheet and are still useable.
- If you find they have transferred onto the white sheet, take them straight back with your docket,ask for a refund and let the store know your not happy with the product.
- If they do have a waxed sheet behind the transfer, still use them up fairly quickly.
- Transfers are more fragile and deteriorate more quickly than other embellishments.
I purchased two sheets of rub-on transfers this week from Lincraft, with pretty scroll designs for scrapping. They were very cheap $2.50 packet with a protective waxed sheet. The brand name Sullivans. Very delicate scroll designs, quick and easy to apply as they should be.
I used one of the scroll designs (Sullivan’s) on the page above, as thought it reflected beautifully the scroll work on the entrance gates to Villa Carlotta.
About scrapping with transfers – on the positives
- Transfers are an attractive and subtle form of decoration;
- Available in many attractive designs including scroll designs;
- Available in black and colors;
- Relatively inexpensive;
- Simple and easy to use.
I’ve also used rub-on transfers from Kaisercraft (above). They have a waxed sheet and are a good product.
Do you have any thoughts or experiences, good or bad,with rub-on transfers?
- Scrapping – Creative Ideas
- Scrapbooking designs-water lilies and the lotus flower
- Scrapbooking and scrapbook design Highlights Tokyo Japan Travel
- Scrapbooking and scrapbook design travel Tokyo Japan
- Family scrapbook layout ideas
- Free tips and design ideas
- Lyn’s Scrapbooking
- Scrapbook Designs and Scrapbook Sketches
- Lyn’s Scrapbook Designs and Tips for Beginners