My Favorite Foto for Wednesday – To Market to Market – Poultry
The sight of these poor chooks (poultry) being carried to market ( or perhaps from a market) in this way, I’m sorry I had to laugh. To market to market! Poor chookies! The poultry must have had a few ruffled feathers when they arrived at their destination.We saw pigs carried in baskets set on either side of a motor bike too, (can’t find the foto). I guess, if that’s your only mode of transport that is what you use and adapt your lifestyle to. Traveling through foreign countries certainly opens ones eyes to so many ways of doing things. Yes?
To market to market – green produce
The couple here were loading up their crate with green produce (something like a green water spinach?). The motor bike with a crate in tow, is becoming a popular way to move produce from one place to another. Once the buffalo was the main beast of burden and would pull a dray with a load of green produce to market, and sometimes the Khmer Horse. Slowly this is changing with the motor bike taking over in many areas of Cambodia.
This woman is pulling a dray of cardboard and bags (recycling) through the market. I’m hoping she hasn’t too far to go. Modes of transport in Cambodia made for some very interesting sights.
- favorite foto wednesday dainty khmer horse
- Favorite foto Wednesday Fishing Villages
- Highway to Sihanoukville town – deep sea port and beach resorts
- Favorite foto wednesday cave adventure
- Caves of Kampong Trach Kampot
- Favorite foto cherry blossom trees
- Attractions in my back yard tropical canna lilies
- Tropical tropical Fridays crab market beach resort of Kep Cambodia
- Four seasons spring natural science at its best
- Tropical Fridays anything but tropical in Melbourne city
- Tropical Fridays|Tropical North Queensland